Meaning of terrace
Pronunciation: (ter'us), [key]
— n., v., -raced, -rac•ing.
- a raised level with a vertical or sloping front or sides faced with masonry, turf, or the like, esp. one of a series of levels rising one above another.
- the top of such a construction, used as a platform, garden, road, etc.
- a nearly level strip of land with a more or less abrupt descent along the margin of the sea, a lake, or a river.
- the flat roof of a house.
- an open, often paved area connected to a house or an apartment house and serving as an outdoor living area; deck.
- an open platform, as projecting from the outside wall of an apartment; a large balcony.
- a row of houses on or near the top of a slope.
- a residential street following the top of a slope.
- to form into or furnish with a terrace or terraces.
- terrace (Thesaurus)