Synonyms of temperate
- 1. temperate (vs. intemperate), cold-temperate, equable, clement
- usage: (of weather or climate) free from extremes; mild; or characteristic of such weather or climate; "a temperate region"; "the temperate zones"; "temperate plants"
- 2. temperate (vs. intemperate), abstemious, light(prenominal), moderate, restrained, mild, moderate
- usage: not extreme in behavior; "temperate in his habits"; "a temperate response to an insult"; "temperate in his eating and drinking"
- 3. moderate, temperate, mild (vs. intense)
- usage: not extreme; "a moderate penalty"; "temperate in his response to criticism"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of temperate (Dictionary)