- 1. tall, size
- usage: a garment size for a tall person
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tall (vs. short), gangling, gangly, lanky, rangy, in height(predicate), leggy, long-legged, long-shanked, leggy, tall-growing, long, long-stalked, tall-stalked, stately, statuesque, tallish, large#1, big, high
- usage: great in vertical dimension; high in stature; "tall people"; "tall buildings"; "tall trees"; "tall ships"
- 2. grandiloquent, magniloquent, tall, rhetorical (vs. unrhetorical)
- usage: lofty in style; "he engages in so much tall talk, one never really realizes what he is saying"
- 3. tall(prenominal), difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: impressively difficult; "a tall order"
- 4. improbable, marvelous, marvellous, tall(prenominal), incredible (vs. credible), unbelievable
- usage: too improbable to admit of belief; "a tall story"
All rights reserved.
See also: tall (Dictionary)