Meaning of tall
Pronunciation: (tôl), [key]
— adj., adv. -er, -est,
- having a relatively great height; of more than average stature: a tall woman; tall grass.
- having stature or height as specified: a man six feet tall.
- large in amount or degree; considerable: a tall price; Swinging that deal is a tall order.
- extravagant; difficult to believe: a tall tale.
- high-flown; grandiloquent: He engages in so much tall talk, one never really knows what he's saying.
- having more than usual length; long and relatively narrow: He carried a tall walking stick.
- seemly; proper.
- fine; handsome.
- in a proud, confident, or erect manner: to stand tall; to walk tall.
- tall (Thesaurus)