Synonyms of suit
- 1. suit, suit of clothes, garment
- usage: a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color; "they buried him in his best suit"
- 2. lawsuit, suit, case, cause, causa, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy; "the family brought suit against the landlord"
- 3. suit, businessman, man of affairs
- usage: (slang) a businessman dressed in a business suit; "all the suits care about is the bottom line"
- 4. courtship, wooing, courting, suit, entreaty, prayer, appeal
- usage: a man's courting of a woman; seeking the affections of a woman (usually with the hope of marriage); "its was a brief and intense courtship"
- 5. suit, entreaty, prayer, appeal
- usage: a petition or appeal made to a person of superior status or rank
- 6. suit, playing card
- usage: playing card in any of four sets of 13 cards in a pack; each set has its own symbol and color; "a flush is five cards in the same suit"; "in bridge you must follow suit"; "what suit is trumps?"
- 1. suit, accommodate, fit, meet, fit, conform to
- usage: be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
- 2. suit, be
- usage: be agreeable or acceptable; "This time suits me"
- 3. befit, suit, beseem, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: accord or comport with; "This kind of behavior does not suit a young woman!"
- 4. become, suit, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: enhance the appearance of; "Mourning becomes Electra"; "This behavior doesn't suit you!"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of suit (Dictionary)