Synonyms of stomach
- 1. stomach, tummy, tum, breadbasket, internal organ, viscus
- usage: an enlarged and muscular saclike organ of the alimentary canal; the principal organ of digestion
- 2. abdomen, venter, stomach, belly, body part
- usage: the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis
- 3. stomach, inclination
- usage: an inclination or liking for things involving conflict or difficulty or unpleasantness; "he had no stomach for a fight"
- 4. stomach, appetite, appetency, appetence
- usage: an appetite for food; "exercise gave him a good stomach for dinner"
- 1. stomach, digest
- usage: bear to eat; "He cannot stomach raw fish"
- 2. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stomach (Dictionary)