Synonyms of slur
- 1. slur, musical notation
- usage: (music) a curved line spanning notes that are to be played legato
- 2. aspersion, slur, disparagement, depreciation, derogation
- usage: a disparaging remark; "in the 19th century any reference to female sexuality was considered a vile aspersion"; "it is difficult for a woman to understand a man's sensitivity to any slur on his virility"
- 3. smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
- 1. slur, play, spiel
- usage: play smoothly or legato; "the pianist slurred the most beautiful passage in the sonata"
- 2. slur, denote, refer
- usage: speak disparagingly of; e.g., make a racial slur; "your comments are slurring your co-workers"
- 3. slur, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter indistinctly
- 4. blur, dim, slur, weaken
- usage: become vague or indistinct; "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of slur (Dictionary)