- 1. gangrene, sphacelus, slough, pathology
- usage: necrotic tissue; a mortified or gangrenous part or mass
- 2. slough, bog, peat bog
- usage: a hollow filled with mud
- 3. slough, swamp, swampland
- usage: a stagnant swamp (especially as part of a bayou)
- 4. slough, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: any outer covering that can be shed or cast off (such as the cast-off skin of a snake)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shed, molt, exuviate, moult, slough, shed, cast, cast off, shake off, throw, throw off, throw away, drop
- usage: cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers; "our dog sheds every Spring"
All rights reserved.
See also: slough (Dictionary)