Synonyms of singular
- 1. singular, singular form, form, word form, signifier, descriptor
- usage: the form of a word that is used to denote a singleton
- 1. remarkable, singular, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: unusual or striking; "a remarkable sight"; "such poise is singular in one so young"
- 2. curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
- 3. singular, individual (vs. common), single
- usage: being a single and separate person or thing; "can the singular person be understood apart from his culture?"; "every fact in the world might be singular...unlike any other fact and sole of its kind"-William James
- 4. singular (vs. plural)
- usage: composed of one member, set, or kind
- 5. singular (vs. plural)
- usage: grammatical number category referring to a single item or unit
- 6. singular, unique, single (vs. multiple)
- usage: the single one of its kind; "a singular example"; "the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting"; "a unique copy of an ancient manuscript"; "certain types of problems have unique solutions"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of singular (Dictionary)