- 1. fake, sham, postiche, imitation
- usage: something that is a counterfeit; not what it seems to be
- 2. imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, fraud, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player, deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker
- usage: a person who makes deceitful pretenses
- 1. simulate, assume, sham, feign, dissemble, pretend, act
- usage: make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
- 2. feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble, misrepresent, belie
- usage: make believe with the intent to deceive; "He feigned that he was ill"; "He shammed a headache"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, put on, sham, counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative
- usage: adopted in order to deceive; "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"
All rights reserved.
See also: sham (Dictionary)