Synonyms of severity
- 1. badness, severity, severeness, intensity, intensiveness
- usage: used of the degree of something undesirable e.g. pain or weather
- 2. asperity, grimness, hardship, rigor, rigour, severity, severeness, rigorousness, rigourousness, difficulty, difficultness
- usage: something hard to endure; "the asperity of northern winters"
- 3. austereness, severity, severeness, plainness
- usage: extreme plainness
- 4. severity, severeness, harshness, rigor, rigour, rigorousness, rigourousness, inclemency, hardness, stiffness, sternness, strictness
- usage: excessive sternness; "severity of character"; "the harshness of his punishment was inhuman"; "the rigors of boot camp"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of severity (Dictionary)