WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. segregation, sequestration, separation
- usage: the act of segregating or sequestering; "sequestration of the jury"
- 2. sequestration, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the action of forming a chelate or other stable compound with an ion or atom or molecule so that it is no longer available for reactions
- 3. sequestration, writ, judicial writ
- usage: a writ that authorizes the seizure of property
- 4. sequestration, requisition, appropriation
- usage: seizing property that belongs to someone else and holding it until profits pay the demand for which it was seized
All rights reserved.
See also: sequestration (Dictionary)