sequestration: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sē"kwes-trā'shun, si-kwes-), [key]
- removal or separation; banishment or exile.
- a withdrawal into seclusion; retirement.
- the sequestering of property.
- confiscation or seizure.
- the combining of metallic ions with a suitable reagent into a stable, soluble complex in order to prevent the ions from combining with a substance with which they would otherwise have formed an insoluble precipitate, from causing interference in a particular reaction, or from acting as undesirable catalysts.
- sequestration (Thesaurus)