- 1. scuttle, coal scuttle, container
- usage: container for coal; shaped to permit pouring the coal onto the fire
- 2. hatchway, opening, scuttle, entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree
- usage: an entrance equipped with a hatch; especially a passageway between decks of a ship
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scurry, scamper, skitter, scuttle, run
- usage: to move about or proceed hurriedly; "so terrified by the extraordinary ebbing of the sea that they scurried to higher ground"
All rights reserved.
See also: scuttle (Dictionary)