- 1. scream, screaming, shriek, shrieking, screech, screeching, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: sharp piercing cry; "her screaming attracted the neighbors"
- 2. screech, screeching, shriek, shrieking, scream, screaming, noise
- usage: a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry; "he ducked at the screechings of shells"; "he heard the scream of the brakes"
- 3. belly laugh, sidesplitter, howler, thigh-slapper, scream, wow, riot, joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape
- usage: a joke that seems extremely funny
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn't hear me"
- 2. yell, scream, shout
- usage: utter or declare in a very loud voice; "You don't have to yell--I can hear you just fine"
- 3. scream, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a loud, piercing sound; "Fighter planes are screaming through the skies"
All rights reserved.
See also: scream (Dictionary)