Meaning of scream
Pronunciation: (skrēm), [key]
- to utter a loud, sharp, piercing cry.
- to emit a shrill, piercing sound: The sirens and whistles screamed.
- to laugh immoderately or uncontrollably: The comedian had the audience screaming.
- to shout or speak shrilly, esp. with harsh or exaggerated words: They screamed across the back fence.
- to play or sing in a high, loud, harsh manner.
- to be conspicuous or startling: That red dress really screams.
- to utter with or as if with a scream or screams.
- to make by screaming: to scream oneself hoarse.
- a loud, sharp, piercing cry: Her scream frightened off the burglar.
- a shrill, piercing sound: the scream of the tires as the car rounded the curve.
- someone or something that is hilariously funny: The movie was a scream.
- scream (Thesaurus)