Synonyms of scorn
- 1. contempt, disdain, scorn, despite, dislike
- usage: lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike; "he was held in contempt"; "the despite in which outsiders were held is legendary"
- 2. contempt, scorn, disrespect, discourtesy
- usage: open disrespect for a person or thing
- 1. contemn, despise, scorn, disdain, hate, detest
- usage: look down on with disdain; "He despises the people he has to work for"; "The professor scorns the students who don't catch on immediately"
- 2. reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down, refuse, decline
- usage: reject with contempt; "She spurned his advances"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scorn (Dictionary)