WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. barroom, bar, saloon, ginmill, taproom, room
- usage: a room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter; "he drowned his sorrows in whiskey at the bar"
- 2. public house, pub, saloon, pothouse, gin mill, taphouse, tavern, tap house
- usage: tavern consisting of a building with a bar and public rooms; often provides light meals
- 3. sedan, saloon, car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar
- usage: a car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors
All rights reserved.
See also: saloon (Dictionary)