Synonyms of runner
- 1. smuggler, runner, contrabandist, moon curser, moon-curser, criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- usage: someone who imports or exports without paying duties
- 2. runner, traveler, traveller
- usage: someone who travels on foot by running
- 3. runner, messenger, courier
- usage: a person who is employed to deliver messages or documents; "he sent a runner over with the contract"
- 4. base runner, runner, ballplayer, baseball player
- usage: a baseball player on the team at bat who is on base (or attempting to reach a base)
- 5. stolon, runner, offset, plant organ
- usage: a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- 6. runner, athlete, jock
- usage: a trained athlete who competes in foot races
- 7. ball carrier, runner, football player, footballer
- usage: (football) the player who is carrying (and trying to advance) the ball on an offensive play
- 8. runner, rug, carpet, carpeting
- usage: a long narrow carpet
- 9. runner, device
- usage: device consisting of the parts on which something can slide along
- 10. runner, blue runner, Caranx crysos, jack
- usage: fish of western Atlantic: Cape Cod to Brazil
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of runner (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.