- 1. hang-up, hitch, rub, snag, obstacle, obstruction
- usage: an unforeseen obstacle
- 2. rub, wipe, contact, physical contact
- usage: the act of rubbing or wiping; "he gave the hood a quick rub"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rub, guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: move over something with pressure; "rub my hands"; "rub oil into her skin"
- 2. rub, fray, fret, chafe, scratch, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
- 3. rub, scratch, itch, irritate
- usage: scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
All rights reserved.
See also: rub (Dictionary)