WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reproduce, produce, make, create
- usage: make a copy or equivalent of; "reproduce the painting"
- 2. reproduce, procreate, multiply, make, create
- usage: have offspring or produce more individuals of a given animal or plant; "The Bible tells people to procreate"
- 3. reproduce, re-create
- usage: recreate a sound, image, idea, mood, atmosphere, etc.; "this DVD player reproduces the sound of the piano very well"; "He reproduced the feeling of sadness in the portrait"
- 4. regurgitate, reproduce, repeat, echo
- usage: repeat after memorization; "For the exam, you must be able to regurgitate the information"
All rights reserved.
See also: reproduce (Dictionary)