Meaning of reproduce
Pronunciation: (rē"pru-ds', -dys'), [key]
— v., -duced, -duc•ing.
- to make a copy, representation, duplicate, or close imitation of: to reproduce a picture.
- to produce again or anew by natural process: to reproduce a severed branch.
- to produce one or more other individuals of (a given kind of organism) by some process of generation or propagation, sexual or asexual.
- to cause or foster the reproduction of (organisms).
- to produce, form, make, or bring about again or anew in any manner.
- to recall to the mind or have a mental image of (a past incident, scene, etc.), as by the aid of memory or imagination.
- to produce again, as a play produced at an earlier time.
- to reproduce its kind, as an organism; propagate; bear offspring.
- to turn out in a given manner when copied: This picture will reproduce well.
- reproduce (Thesaurus)