Synonyms of purge
- 1. purge, purging, purgation, clearing
- usage: the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge
- 2. purge, purging, cleaning, cleansing, cleanup
- usage: an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements
- 3. purge, removal
- usage: an abrupt or sudden removal of a person or group from an organization or place; "he died in a purge by Stalin"
- 1. purge, persecute, oppress
- usage: oust politically; "Deng Xiao Ping was purged several times throughout his lifetime"
- 2. purge, acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate
- usage: clear of a charge
- 3. purify, purge, sanctify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make pure or free from sin or guilt; "he left the monastery purified"
- 4. purge, purify, sublimate, make pure, distill
- usage: rid of impurities; "purge the water"; "purge your mind"
- 5. flush, scour, purge, rinse, rinse off
- usage: rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid; "flush the wound with antibiotics"; "purge the old gas tank"
- 6. vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, chuck, upchuck, honk, regurgitate, throw up, excrete, egest, eliminate, pass
- usage: eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
- 7. purge, treat, care for
- usage: excrete or evacuate (someone's bowels or body); "The doctor decided that the patient must be purged"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of purge (Dictionary)