WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. propagate, pass on
- usage: transmit from one generation to the next; "propagate these characteristics"
- 2. propagate, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel through the air; "sound and light propagate in this medium"
- 3. propagate, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: transmit; "propagate sound or light through air"
- 4. spread, propagate, move
- usage: become distributed or widespread; "the infection spread"; "Optimism spread among the population"
- 5. propagate, spread, distribute
- usage: transmit or cause to broaden or spread; "This great civilization was propagated throughout the land"
- 6. circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
- 7. propagate, process, treat
- usage: cause to propagate, as by grafting or layering
- 8. propagate, reproduce, procreate, multiply
- usage: multiply sexually or asexually
All rights reserved.
See also: propagate (Dictionary)