WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. projection, prediction, anticipation, prevision
- usage: a prediction made by extrapolating from past observations
- 2. projection, visual communication
- usage: the projection of an image from a film onto a screen
- 3. project, projection, plan, program, programme
- usage: a planned undertaking
- 4. projection, structure, construction
- usage: any structure that branches out from a central support
- 5. projection, convex shape, convexity
- usage: any solid convex shape that juts out from something
- 6. projection, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else
- 7. projection, acoustic projection, sound projection, acoustic phenomenon
- usage: the acoustic phenomenon that gives sound a penetrating quality; "our ukuleles have been designed to have superior sound and projection"; "a prime ingredient of public speaking is projection of the voice"
- 8. projection, representation
- usage: the representation of a figure or solid on a plane as it would look from a particular direction
- 9. protrusion, projection, jut, jutting, change of shape
- usage: the act of projecting out from something
- 10. expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing out, propulsion, actuation
- usage: the act of expelling or projecting or ejecting
All rights reserved.
See also: projection (Dictionary)