WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. production, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act or process of producing something; "Shakespeare's production of poetry was enormous"; "the production of white blood cells"
- 2. production, presentation
- usage: a presentation for the stage or screen or radio or television; "have you seen the new production of Hamlet?"
- 3. product, production, creation
- usage: an artifact that has been created by someone or some process; "they improve their product every year"; "they export most of their agricultural production"
- 4. production, exhibition
- usage: (law) the act of exhibiting in a court of law; "the appellate court demanded the production of all documents"
- 5. output, yield, production, indefinite quantity
- usage: the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time); "production was up in the second quarter"
- 6. production, display
- usage: a display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated; "she tends to make a big production out of nothing"
- 7. production, industry, manufacture
- usage: (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale; "he introduced more efficient methods of production"
- 8. production, creation, creative activity
- usage: the creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services
All rights reserved.
See also: production (Dictionary)