production: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pru-duk'shun), [key]
- the act of producing; creation; manufacture.
- something that is produced; a product.
- the creation of value; the producing of articles having exchange value.
- the total amount produced: Production is up this month.
- a work of literature or art.
- the act of presenting for display; presentation; exhibition: the production of evidence in support of the case.
- an unnecessarily or exaggeratedly complicated situation or activity: That child makes a production out of going to bed.
- the organization and presentation of a dramatic entertainment.
- the entertainment itself: an expensive production.
- regularly manufactured; not custom-made, specially produced, or experimental: a production model.
- production (Thesaurus)