WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. procedure, process, activity
- usage: a particular course of action intended to achieve a result; "the procedure of obtaining a driver's license"; "it was a process of trial and error"
- 2. operation, procedure, work
- usage: a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work; "the operations in building a house"; "certain machine tool operations"
- 3. routine, subroutine, subprogram, procedure, function, software, software program, computer software, software system, software package, package
- usage: a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
- 4. procedure, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: a mode of conducting legal and parliamentary proceedings
All rights reserved.
See also: procedure (Dictionary)