procedure: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pru-sē'jur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- an act or a manner of proceeding in any action or process; conduct.
- a particular course or mode of action.
- any given mode of conducting legal, parliamentary, or other business, esp. litigation and judicial proceedings.
- the sequence of actions or instructions to be followed in solving a problem or accomplishing a task.
- Also calledsubprogram.a group of statements that may be used at one or more points in a computer program.