WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. presence, being, beingness, existence
- usage: the state of being present; current existence; "he tested for the presence of radon"
- 2. presence, front, proximity
- usage: the immediate proximity of someone or something; "she blushed in his presence"; "he sensed the presence of danger"; "he was well behaved in front of company"
- 3. presence, spirit, disembodied spirit
- usage: an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
- 4. presence, impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion
- usage: the impression that something is present; "he felt the presence of an evil force"
- 5. bearing, comportment, presence, mien, manner, personal manner
- usage: dignified manner or conduct
- 6. presence, attendance, attending
- usage: the act of being present
All rights reserved.
See also: presence (Dictionary)