presence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (prez'uns), [key]
- the state or fact of being present, as with others or in a place.
- attendance or company: Your presence is requested.
- immediate vicinity; proximity: in the presence of witnesses.
- the military or economic power of a country as reflected abroad by the stationing of its troops, sale of its goods, etc.: the American military presence in Europe; the Japanese presence in the U.S. consumer market.
- the immediate personal vicinity of a great personage giving audience or reception: summoned to her presence.
- the ability to project a sense of ease, poise, or self-assurance, esp. the quality or manner of a person's bearing before an audience: The speaker had a good deal of stage presence.
- personal appearance or bearing, esp. of a dignified or imposing kind: a man of fine presence.
- a person, esp. of noteworthy appearance or compelling personality: He is a real presence, even at a private party.
- a divine or supernatural spirit felt to be present: He felt a presence with him in the room.
- presence (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.