- 1. prescription, direction, instruction
- usage: directions prescribed beforehand; the action of prescribing authoritative rules or directions; "I tried to follow her prescription for success"
- 2. prescription drug, prescription, prescription medicine, ethical drug, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: a drug that is available only with written instructions from a doctor or dentist to a pharmacist; "he told the doctor that he had been taking his prescription regularly"
- 3. prescription, written communication, written language, black and white
- usage: written instructions for an optician on the lenses for a given person
- 4. prescription, written communication, written language, black and white
- usage: written instructions from a physician or dentist to a druggist concerning the form and dosage of a drug to be issued to a given patient
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prescription(prenominal) (vs. nonprescription)
- usage: available only with a doctor's written prescription; "a prescription drug"
All rights reserved.
See also: prescription (Dictionary)