Meaning of prescription
Pronunciation: (pri-skrip'shun), [key]
- Take this prescription three times a day.
- a direction, usually written, by the physician to the pharmacist for the preparation and use of a medicine or remedy.
- the medicine prescribed:Take this prescription three times a day.
- an act of prescribing.
- that which is prescribed.
- a long or immemorial use of some right with respect to a thing so as to give a right to continue such use.
- the process of acquiring rights by uninterrupted assertion of the right over a long period of time.
- (of drugs) sold only upon medical prescription; ethical. Cf.(def. 2).
- prescription (Thesaurus)