WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. preparation, readying, activity
- usage: the activity of putting or setting in order in advance of some act or purpose; "preparations for the ceremony had begun"
- 2. formulation, preparation, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a substance prepared according to a formula; "the physician prescribed a commercial preparation of the medicine"
- 3. planning, preparation, provision, thinking, thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation
- usage: the cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening; "his planning for retirement was hindered by several uncertainties"
- 4. readiness, preparedness, preparation, state
- usage: the state of having been made ready or prepared for use or action (especially military action); "putting them in readiness"; "their preparation was more than adequate"
- 5. preparation, harmony, musical harmony
- usage: (music) a note that produces a dissonant chord is first heard in a consonant chord; "the resolution of one dissonance is often the preparation for another dissonance"
- 6. training, preparation, grooming, activity
- usage: activity leading to skilled behavior
- 7. homework, prep, preparation, school assignment, schoolwork
- usage: preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home)
- 8. cooking, cookery, preparation, change of state
- usage: the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
All rights reserved.
See also: preparation (Dictionary)