Meaning of preparation
Pronunciation: (prep"u-rā'shun), [key]
- a proceeding, measure, or provision by which one prepares for something: preparations for a journey.
- any proceeding, experience, or the like considered as a mode of preparing for the future.
- an act of preparing.
- the state of being prepared.
- something prepared, manufactured, or compounded: a special preparation for sunbathers.
- a specimen, as an animal body, prepared for scientific examination, dissection, etc.
- the preparing of a dissonance, by introducing the dissonant tone as a consonant tone in the preceding chord.
- the tone so introduced.
- the day before the Sabbath or a feast day.
- work done by students in preparation for class; homework.
- the introductory prayers of the Mass or other divine service.
- preparation (Thesaurus)