WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precipitation, indefinite quantity
- usage: the quantity of water falling to earth at a specific place within a specified period of time; "the storm brought several inches of precipitation"
- 2. precipitation, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the process of forming a chemical precipitate
- 3. precipitation, downfall, weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition
- usage: the falling to earth of any form of water (rain or snow or hail or sleet or mist)
- 4. precipitation, drop, fall
- usage: the act of casting down or falling headlong from a height
- 5. precipitation, acceleration
- usage: an unexpected acceleration or hastening; "he is responsible for the precipitation of his own demise"
- 6. haste, hastiness, hurry, hurriedness, precipitation, speed, swiftness, fastness
- usage: overly eager speed (and possible carelessness); "he soon regretted his haste"
All rights reserved.
See also: precipitation (Dictionary)