Meaning of precipitation
Pronunciation: (pri-sip"i-tā'shun), [key]
- the act of precipitating; state of being precipitated.
- a casting down or falling headlong.
- a hastening or hurrying in movement, procedure, or action.
- sudden haste.
- unwise or rash rapidity.
- falling products of condensation in the atmosphere, as rain, snow, or hail.
- the amount of rain, snow, hail, etc., that has fallen at a given place within a given period, usually expressed in inches or centimeters of water.
- the precipitating of a substance from a solution.
- precipitation (Thesaurus)