- 1. plenty, plentifulness, plenteousness, plenitude, plentitude, abundance, copiousness, teemingness
- usage: a full supply; "there was plenty of food for everyone"
- 2. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. enough, plenty
- usage: as much as necessary; "Have I eaten enough?"; (`plenty' is nonstandard) "I've had plenty, thanks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of plenty (Dictionary)