Synonyms of plane
- 1. airplane, aeroplane, plane, heavier-than-air craft
- usage: an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; "the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
- 2. plane, sheet, shape, form
- usage: (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape; "we will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"; "any line joining two points on a plane lies wholly on that plane"
- 3. plane, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: a level of existence or development; "he lived on a worldly plane"
- 4. plane, planer, planing machine, power tool
- usage: a power tool for smoothing or shaping wood
- 5. plane, carpenter's plane, woodworking plane, edge tool, hand tool
- usage: a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood; "the cabinetmaker used a plane for the finish work"
- 1. plane, shave, cut
- usage: cut or remove with or as if with a plane; "The machine shaved off fine layers from the piece of wood"
- 2. plane, skim, glide
- usage: travel on the surface of water
- 3. plane, smooth, smoothen
- usage: make even or smooth, with or as with a carpenter's plane; "plane the top of the door"
- 1. flat, level, plane, even (vs. uneven)
- usage: having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of plane (Dictionary)