- 1. pink, chromatic color, chromatic colour, spectral color, spectral colour
- usage: a light shade of red
- 2. pink, garden pink, flower
- usage: any of various flowers of plants of the genus Dianthus cultivated for their fragrant flowers
- 3. pinko, pink, collectivist, leftist, left-winger
- usage: a person with mildly leftist political views
- 1. tap, rap, knock, pink, sound, go
- usage: make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- 2. pink, ping, knock, sound, go
- usage: sound like a car engine that is firing too early; "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline"; "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"
- 3. pink, cut
- usage: cut in a zigzag pattern with pinking shears, in sewing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pink, pinkish, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a light shade of red
All rights reserved.
See also: pink (Dictionary)