pink: Meaning and Definition of
— n., adj., -er, -est.
- a color varying from light crimson to pale reddish purple.
- any of several plants of the genus Dianthus, as the clove pink or carnation. Cf.
- the flower of such a plant; carnation.
- the highest form or degree; prime: a runner in the pink of condition.
- (often cap.) . a person with left-wing, but not extreme, political opinions.
- a carbon copy, as of a sales slip or invoice, made on pink tissue paper.
- Fox Hunting.Seepink coat.
- pinkish-tan gabardine trousers formerly worn by military officers as part of the dress uniform.
- the scarlet color of hunting pinks.
- of the color pink: pink marble.
- . holding, or regarded as holding, mildly leftist views, esp. in politics.
- See(def. 8).
- to pierce with a rapier or the like; stab.
- to finish at the edge with a scalloped, notched, or other ornamental pattern.
- to punch (cloth, leather, etc.) with small holes or figures for ornament.
- to adorn or ornament, esp. with scalloped edges or a punched-out pattern.
- a vessel with a pink stern.
- pink (Thesaurus)