WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pill, thing
- usage: something that resembles a tablet of medicine in shape or size
- 2. pill, lozenge, tablet, tab, dose, dosage
- usage: a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
- 3. pill, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: a unpleasant or tiresome person
- 4. pill, burden, load, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus
- usage: something unpleasant or offensive that must be tolerated or endured; "his competitor's success was a bitter pill to take"
- 5. pill, birth control pill, contraceptive pill, oral contraceptive pill, oral contraceptive, anovulatory drug, anovulant, contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- usage: a contraceptive in the form of a pill containing estrogen and progestin to inhibit ovulation and so prevent conception
All rights reserved.
See also: pill (Dictionary)