pill: Meaning and Definition of
- a small globular or rounded mass of medicinal substance, usually covered with a hard coating, that is to be swallowed whole.
- something unpleasant that has to be accepted or endured: Ingratitude is a bitter pill.
- a tiresomely disagreeable person.
- a ball, esp. a baseball or golf ball.
- to dose with pills.
- to form or make into pills.
- to blackball.
- to form into small, pill-like balls, as the fuzz on a wool sweater.
— v.t., v.i.
- to peel.
- to become or cause to become bald.
— v.t. Archaic.
- to rob, plunder, or pillage.
- pill (Thesaurus)