- 1. peripheral, computer peripheral, peripheral device, electronic equipment
- usage: (computer science) electronic equipment connected by cable to the CPU of a computer; "disk drives and printers are important peripherals"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peripheral (vs. central), circumferential, fringy, marginal, encircling(prenominal), skirting(prenominal), off-base
- usage: on or near an edge or constituting an outer boundary; the outer area; "Russia's peripheral provinces"; "peripheral suburbs"
- 2. peripheral, incidental (vs. basic), incident
- usage: related to the key issue but not of central importance; "a peripheral interest"; "energy is far from a peripheral issue in the economy"; "peripheral issues"
All rights reserved.
See also: peripheral (Dictionary)