peripheral: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pu-rif'ur-ul), [key]
- pertaining to, situated in, or constituting the periphery: peripheral resistance on the outskirts of the battle area.
- concerned with relatively minor, irrelevant, or superficial aspects of the subject in question.
- near the surface or outside of; external.
- of or pertaining to a peripheral.
- a device or unit that operates separately from the CPU but is connected to it, as a magnetic disk or tape unit or a printer.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.