- 1. peanut, pod, seedpod
- usage: underground pod of the peanut vine
- 2. peanut, peanut vine, Arachis hypogaea, legume, leguminous plant
- usage: widely cultivated American plant cultivated in tropical and warm regions; showy yellow flowers on stalks that bend over to the soil so that seed pods ripen underground
- 3. peanut, child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- usage: a young child who is small for his age
- 4. peanut, earthnut, goober, goober pea, groundnut, monkey nut, edible nut
- usage: pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insignificant, peanut, minor (vs. major)
- usage: of little importance or influence or power; of minor status; "a minor, insignificant bureaucrat"; "peanut politicians"
All rights reserved.
See also: peanut (Dictionary)