peanut: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pē'nut", -nut), [key]
- the pod or the enclosed edible seed of the plant, Arachis hypogaea, of the legume family: the pod is forced underground in growing, where it ripens.
- the plant itself.
- any small or insignificant person or thing.
- working for peanuts.
- Informal.a very small amount of money:working for peanuts.
- small pieces of Styrofoam used as a packing material.
- of or pertaining to the peanut or peanuts.
- made with or from peanuts.
- small, insignificant, or petty.
- peanut (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.