- 1. palatine, Roman
- usage: any of various important officials in ancient Rome
- 2. palatine, palsgrave, Lord, noble, nobleman
- usage: (Middle Ages) the lord of a palatinate who exercised sovereign powers over his lands
- 3. Palatine
- usage: the most important of the Seven Hills of Rome; supposedly the location of the first settlement and the site of many imperial palaces
- 4. palatine, palatine bone, os palatinum, bone, os
- usage: either of two irregularly shaped bones that form the back of the hard palate and helps to form the nasal cavity and the floor of the orbits
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. palatal, palatine
- usage: relating to or lying near the palate; "palatal index"; "the palatine tonsils"
- 2. palatine
- usage: of or relating to a count palatine and his royal prerogatives
- 3. palatine
- usage: of or relating to a palace
All rights reserved.
See also: palatine (Dictionary)