- 1. oral, oral exam, oral examination, viva voce, viva, examination, exam, test
- usage: an examination conducted by spoken communication
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. oral, unwritten, spoken (vs. written)
- usage: using speech rather than writing; "an oral tradition"; "an oral agreement"
- 2. oral
- usage: of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth; "oral hygiene"; "an oral thermometer"; "an oral vaccine"
- 3. oral (vs. aboral), buccal, buccal
- usage: of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located; "the oral cavity"; "the oral mucous membrane"; "the oral surface of a starfish"
- 4. oral (vs. anal)
- usage: a stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression
All rights reserved.
See also: oral (Dictionary)