WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obedience, obeisance, submission, compliance
- usage: the act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person
- 2. obedience, tractability, tractableness, flexibility
- usage: the trait of being willing to obey
- 3. obedience, respect, filial duty
- usage: behavior intended to please your parents; "their children were never very strong on obedience"; "he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes"
All rights reserved.
See also: obedience (Dictionary)